Thursday, March 25, 2010

chocolate y churros

Well I am thisclose to finding an apartment, hurray! Fricking finally. i have several ridiculous stories, including seeing a dump of a place last night that would have me living with a 50 year old Asian man and no bed in the room (um. no) as well as not even attempting to go inside an apt to see it since the area was so sketchy. I DID see one today that has a glorious balcony and a really awesome location and roommate, but am waiting til tomorrow to see 2 more just to make sure.

Otherwise, this week has been seriously hectic. My gay boys came into town on Tuesday night and I met up with them and their Barcelonan friend Bruno who took us to several neat tapas places and we organized a dinner party at Bruno's place for this Friday, which is when Peter and Schuyler will have returned from their spa vacay in Andorra, which is in between Spain and France and is supposedly lovely and incredibly tiny. They'll be staying with me over the weekend until Monday, which I'm really excited about. I have a gigantic grammar test and projects to complete for Monday so I might be running around more than I'd like but still! I love having people here to show how fabulous this city is, so come visit!

I have yet to go an entire day without eating some sort of ham. it's starting to make me feel kind of wibbly, yet I'm really enjoying all the varieties offered! I also am noticing how my eating schedule has totally changed- I now eat a slightly big lunch at like 1 Pm and then don't eat again til 5ish, and then eat a dinner around 10:30ish or 11, sometimes with my roommates. My roommates are into this communal style living, which Irene explained means putting money into a wallet and using that money to buy things to share, such as toliet paper, eggs and.. milk, which I don't drink. I don't totally want to participate, yet she gave me a hard time about not putting money in since I washed my clothes last night. Kind of glad to be moving onwards to a new place next week!(wherever that is!)

positive note: I treated myself to chocolate and churros today near Sagrada Familia. There is really nothing like steaming hot chocolate and warm, doughy sticks with sugar to drip into the chocolate, to make everything feel at ease in the world.

1 comment: