Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bologna has a first name, its s-k-e-t-c-h-y

Succumbing to huge pangs of homesickness that have threatened to overwhelm me for a few days now. This city is merely making it worse. We cme into town today to try to find something to eat to no avail, only found about 3 or 4 places besides creepy kebab shops, and we are in the center of the city! Both Sari and I keep getting continually creepy vibes from some of the sketchy men roaming around. Normally I would just forget about sketchy men (story of my life in Barcelona) but after being followed the other day, and feeling as if we were just being followed before we ducked into this internet cafe, I am very done with Italy. I want familiarity, I want Spain, and I want a really big hug.

We got to Bologna (supposedly renowned for its amazing bolognese sauce, but have yet to find that) yesterday afternoon and it seemed very promising, with all these walkways with high archways and relly pretty red buildings. We are staying in this ridiculous place called the Citta della Camping, which has chalets, bungalows and places to park your camper, should you have one. Sari and I are playing the perfect married couple and staying in this tiny bunglow that has AIRCONDITIONING and is immaculately clean, score! Theres a swimming pool, pizzeria and bar in the little camp ground, and to get into the city we have to walk through cornfields and take a bus. Not the best idea ever, but its saving us some money, I suppose. After checking in, we went back to the center of the city which is really beautiful, but everything was.. closed. at 8 PM on a Saturday night. what?! We were also slight idiots as we didnt bring the bus schedule and ending up walking back through the cornfields in the dark.. really fun!

Both of us are trying to make the best of this Gringo Domingo and to appreciate being in Italy, but its slightly difficult today. We went to have lasagne with bolognese sauce, and found the lasagne was completely frozen in the middle. I dont thnk Ive ever laughed so much about ridiculous situations in my life. VERY much looking forward to getting on a plane tomorrow and heading to Malaga, Spain, and then figuring things out from there.

I wish I was more optimistic and sounding incredibly excited to be here, I just cant find it in me today.

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm behind on reading your blog...but I am sending you positive vibes (although I know you're already back in Spain and return to the States one week from today) also, the title of this post made me literally laugh out loud. I love that song

    ReplyDelete