Monday, July 19, 2010

Back to Spain, mi patria!

Felt like I should write another quick post after the last debbie downer and ungrateful sounding one. We are currently killing time before heading to the RyanAir airport and going to Malaga, Spain. Our plan as of now is to take a midnight train (going anywhere?)from Malaga to Alicante and then make our way up the coast, heading to Barcelona where we can crash with some of our lovely friends for free for a few days.
I have less than 3 weeks left in Spain, and although it has crossed my mind from time to time to head home early, the amount it would cost to change my ticket would be equivalent to how much I would be spending here, so I think the best thing to do is stick it out. Yes, things have been difficult, but I expected that. I did not expect the pounding of my heart when I stood in front of the Trevi Fountain in Rome, or the way I got goosebumps when I realized I could see all the way down to the bottom of the sea in Cinque Terre. This is worth it, this is one of those trips you dont get to experience very often, so Im going to enjoy every last second.

This has been such a learning experience, one that I will ALWAYS remember. I have learned so many things, some things that probably wont manifest themselves until months later, when I am in my new role as a poor, sweatpant-clad grad student(just kidding about the sweatpants, gross).

I am beyond grateful for the support, love and virtual hugs sent to me. I am also so ridiculously excited to be back in a country where I can speak the language, eat patatas bravas, and maybe see Gerard Pique from Barca who will realize we are soulmates and marry me immediately.

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment