Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thirsty Thursdays and other cultural events

Yay for Thirsty Thursdays! Thirsty for culture, that is. Spent the morning with Jenny using our amazing ArtTicket to go to the Antoni Taipes museum which was kind of a snoozefest, but glad we didn't have to pay. The ArtTicket is wonderful- you pay 22 Euros to enter into 6 museums all over Barcelona, and never have to wait in line. Completely worth it!

I was going to write the other day but was feeling a bit emo, so decided to wait until I was in a better mood so it doesn't seem like I'm always complaining or focusing on how tough things can be at times. I'm in a pretty good place right now! Last night Jenny came over, we cooked dinner and went out for a few beers and talked a lot about how it feels to be basically the last 2 women standing from our TEFL course. She's decided to actually not stay here for a full year as she planned, but to head home at the end of August and then move to Argentina sometime next year. Fabulous plan, I think.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Zaragoza to see my friend Nate, haven't been there since my first weekend in Spain so I'm looking forward to it. I'm also excited to not be around here for a weekend- I don't know what my problem is, honestly. I feel disenchanted with Barcelona at the moment so I think I'll feel loads better with a bit of a break this weekend, exploring a different place and being with friends. I'm so very conscious of how this might sound too, saying how tired I am of one of the most fabulous cities in the world, but I think just knowing that I'm in Europe and CAN travel so many places is really starting to get to me, so I'm going to be very ready for the traveling portion of my journey to begin in a few weeks, hurray!

Something I realized today when I was perusing the Good Hibernian English bookstore that I frequent oh, about 2-3x/wk, is how much reading I've done. Seriously, I've devoured all the new arrivals at this bookstore. and because this is my blog, and I can be as nerdy as I want, I'm going to list some of the books that I can remember reading thus far. Oh boy, list making FUN!

Eat Pray Love- Elizabeth Gilbert
The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald
Breakfast at Tiffanys- Truman Capote
Without Reservations- Alice Steinbach
The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo- Stieg Larsson
Visons in White- Nora Roberts
She's Come Undone- Wally Lamb
Grammar Lessons:Translating a Life in Spain- Michelle Morano
The Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society- Mary Ann Shaffer
Committed- Elizabeth Gilbert
The Beach House- Jane Green
Something Borrowed- Emily Giffin
Something Blue- Emily Giffin

that's all I can remember right now, whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment