Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New fancy blog, adventures in Zaragoza and artsy fartsy times

Changed things up a bit, really digging the globe background on this one.

I can already feel that this is going to be a pretty good week. I had such a wonderful weekend- left Friday morning with my friend Aneliza to head to Zaragoza for the weekend to stay with Nate. I had already been to Zaragoza a few months ago, but this visit really gave me a chance to explore the city, as we rented bikes the entire time and just rode around seeing the sights, bar hopping, checking out a flea market, and watching the USA vs. England game in an Irish pub where we were the only Americans, it was really fun.

Other weekend highlights include making a feast of Mexican food and watching the movie Uncle Buck, as well as taking a nightime bike ride around the city. Zaragoza is a bigger city than I thought, and I really like how many people were out on the streets and wandering through the parks and such. Also so good to see Nate, we're hoping to meet up at some point in Northern Spain when I'm doing my traveling at the beginning of August.

Yesterday I taught my favourite Argeninian couple for an hour, made some dinner and then went with Jenny to a chill bar in Gay Eixample to watch the Italy vs. Paraguay game. She went to Pamplona by herself for the weekend and was telling me how they've already set up the Running with the Bulls route, it sounds pretty awesome. Kind of wish I could check that out but I'll be in Italy during it. Boo hoo, I know!

Today I went to the MNAC- the museum of Catalan art which was huge and some parts were slightly boring, but it was really worth the visit. Now it's off to teaching and then going to a bar with some Jenny's Brazilian roommates to watch the Brazil world cup game. Good week so far, and then my mom gets into town on Saturday which I'm so so stoked for!

2 comments:

  1. All your visits sound wonderful. Have a terrific time with your mom. She is such a great person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading, Carol. I do appreciate it, and hope you and Ellen are doing well. Hopefully I can come home in August and see both of you!

    ReplyDelete