Saturday, May 1, 2010

a wee bit of sickness

Stuck inside of my own volition on this really beautiful Saturday. Started feeling slightly ill on Thursday only to have progressed into a bonafide wicked head cold and who knows what else by this morning. Trying to do what I do worst and stay inside and make myself feel better, but it feels like sheer torture. I know I have a huge problem of staying in one place but staying inside all DAY?! absolutely not. Going out later on to meet a potential student for private classes, really hoping this works out.

I hate to sound like a complete Debbie Downer, but things have been rough lately, and I know they will get better soon, it's just been tough to handle. I got my first payment yesterday from my academy teaching job and got screwed over, pretty much royally. I wasn't told that the student I have for 1.5 hours a week, the private student, pays me less than my other classes. And when I broke down the math of how much I get per hour for that horrendous group of 8 5 year old boys, it equates to about 1.50 Euros/hr per student. Yeah.
So yes, I was really upset and felt completely taken advantage of. And I feel like I'm stuck at this academy until I find something else, so I applied to a bunch of people who want private classes so hopefully that pans out incredibly soon. I need to get out of this job, I deserve better, I know I do.

Ending on a positive note: Only 9 days until Mack comes to visit (!), found free Catalan classes that I'm hopefully going to start this week, and tonight is another Barca game that I'll be watching. Yay positivity!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better. A day at a time. Good luck with your private students too!

    Carol D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep your chin up babes! i know you'll be able to land a job that appreciates you more and can give you the money you want/need! KEEP ON TRUCKING! xoxox

    ReplyDelete