Sunday, May 9, 2010

Volcanic ash, take a hike

Oh Sundays. Sometimes I get the "Sunday Blues" because basically everything around my apartment is closed, and there's only bread shops open for food, so typically I try to plan something to keep me busy and try to combat some of the loneliness that for whatever reason creeps in on Sundays. Today is a gorgeous gorgeous day so I plan on meandering down the beach and reading and laying in the sun. Also attempting not to focus on the fact that some airports are closed/delayed due to the annoying volcanic ash situation- hoping they all stay open so Mack can arrive tomorrow morning!!

Went to Siges this past Friday- I spent my birthday there but this was an overnight trip and I got to thoroughly experience the nightlife! Slightly disapointed, as all the bars closed at 3 and there wasn't even a huge array of gay bars, mostly it seemed it was people from Barcelona come to get out of the city for the night. Maybe this is one of those places like Provincetown in Cape Cod that doesn't get happening until June, who knows! It was really nice to see my friend Lauren there and she and I ended up deciding (why, I have no idea) to just stay awake until 6 and grab the first train back to Barcelona instead of sleeping for a few hours. We ended up getting back at 7 AM, needless to say that even after like 5 hours of sleep I was a zombie all day. There was a Barca game last night vs. Sevilla and Barca won! I'm loving this part of living here- going to dive bars and watching Barca futbol games with all Catalans who scream at the TV and chain smoke until I feel like I've smoked an entire pack of cigarettes myself.

Thursday night I went to this ridiculous bar called "Bosc de les Fades"- Fairy Forest in Catalan. Well, the bar is literally a fairy wonderland- filled with trees, hanging laterns, a little waterfall and there's even a fake thunderstorm every hour. Really cheesy and really awesome! My friend Jenny and I had a glass of cava and pretended like we were out in the woods, lovely evening.

Better go occupy myself and enjoy this weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment