Friday, April 2, 2010

she went to London..

Just finished packing up my rainbow duffel, preparing to go meet my lady loves for lunch before I venture over to the bus station and figure out just how to get to the airport to go to London! Meeting up with my mum there for the weekend, who is there for her spring break, and I'll be there until Monday night, hurray!
This should actually be a really nice break as I've had a whirlwind of a week: finishing up the TEFL course, moving into my new apt yesterday, and trying to figure out how to find someone to pay me to teach them English.

The last day of the TEFL course was lovely- we came in to get our certificates and each got someone else's certificate and we had to say a few choice words about them and the rest of the class had to guess who it was. It was so sweet and everyone totally loves each other. I can't believe the course is over! I really enjoyed it, even when it was super stressful over the weekend, and would do it again in a new york minute( or a Barcelona... minute?) Some of the people in my class have already left, and one of my good friends Angela is leaving tomorrow to head back to Michigan, but otherwise I'm lucky to have most of my friends stick around, at least for another month or so. The entire class met up Wednesday night after the course to watch the futbol match between Barca and Arsenal and it was really awesome. The only downer is that Irish Pubs here seriously suck- they're so expensive and the Guinness hardly impress me, but I guess you can't have everything.

The move into my new place yesterday went better than I thought it would! The most exciting part was when I spilled my box of rice all over myself on the metro and pretended like it was my friend Lauren who did it. Fun! My roommate, Irene, hadn't been around the entire week so i had left her a note telling her I was moving but wasn't sure if I'd see her before I left but she arrived just as Lauren and I were hauling all my junk out the door. It was a kind of awkward goodbye as I felt like sprinting out of the apartment and into my new one, but overall, it went okay. SO ready for a new place, to be in a central location, and to be living with really nice roommates!

After the move, we headed out to Primark, which is this really cheap department store from England and it was in this huge mall, which was perfect because I could buy rainbow sheets, a pillow and a blazer, all in one store! perfect. Then headed out to meet up with some of the girls for a drink but I came home early to pass out, exhausting but good day. Ready for this next chapter in the adventure!

Alright, cheerio, cheers, I'm off to London for the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon - and of course - Nancy in London,
    We are really enjoying the Wanderlustly adventures in Barcelona. I am fully confident that apartment and teaching will work out. Happy Easter!
    Joan & Joe O'Connor

    ReplyDelete