Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cccccchanges

I feel like since I moved over here on this side of the ocean, I tend to feel emotions much more intensely, and they can change so incredibly fast for some reason. I'm feeling particularly melancholy at the moment as one of my good friends from the TEFL program, Stacy, is leaving in a few hours to go back to the US, and I feel like I'm constantly saying goodbye to people, almost every week! It's even a bit worse as I tend to be a bit crap at handling change, so having people leave who have shared in this experience with me, is really difficult to handle at times. Stacy, Sari and I had a FABULOUS trip to Madrid which I'll recount tomorrow, and that makes it even harder to deal with her leaving, as I tend to see her almost every day, whether it's exploring a new area of the city or giving her Spanish lessons in smoky haven cafes where we leave smelling like ashtrays.

I'm actually very positive about the next few days as I have plans for each day which tends to make things feel better- kind of like how I love having a weekly routine now, it definitely helps with the rollercoaster emotions. But apparently even that wasn;t enough when I had a minor freakout about money yesterday and started crying when I tried to buy an apple and didn't have enough money on me. Might not sound like a big deal, but it felt like one to me.

Watched the Barca vs. Inter Milan football match tonight with some friends, which is ridiculously fun and anxious at the same time. Sadly, Barca lost, but I'm loving living in a city that appreciates sports other than American football which makes me want to throw myself out the window.

Off to bed, teaching tomorrow and then a break for a few days. Asi es la vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment